Thursday, February 17, 2011

Results.

I made the icing. Not half bad, although I was having a hard time tasting lemon, so I added some more lemon juice and then I still was feeling like I was just tasting no flavor icing, and I added vanilla extract. But just a bit. After beating the hell out of it, it really tastes of lemon with a hint of vanilla. Not bad.

There was a lot of icing despite the reviews that said there wasn't enough. I should have iced the bottom cake better, but wound up thinking I wouldn't have enough and then wound up with too much for the top. ooops. I now have the ugliest cake alive sitting in my cake server. I'm sure my husband will devour it as soon as he can.

I think that the icing is a good base for buttercream icing and will probably file it away for future use when i want to make my own sans lemon juice and lemon zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment